Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Phantom of the Opera





 The
PHANTOM
of the 
OPERA 









The Phantom of the Opera contains many art disciplines. Five of the art disciplines that were presented in the film include 1) opera 2) dance 3) music 4) drama 5) film 

Download one of the songs from "Phantom of the Opera" and describe what is going on during the song and opera.

The song title from the soundtrack of Phantom of the Opera was titled just that- "Phantom of the Opera". This song is the recognizable tune affiliated with film. The link to watch a clip and hear this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej1zMxbhOO0


Phantom and Christine. The music is at a medium rate until Christine takes the hand of Phantom for the first time, leading into the harsh, loud, recognizable tune of Phantom of the Opera played on an organ. There journey together through the halls of the lower levels of the Paris Opera House follows with the words to the song which read:
 

In sleep he sang to me in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again? For now I find
The Phantom of the Opera is there inside my mind


Sing once again with me our strange duet
My power over you grows stronger yet
And though you turn from me to glance behind
The Phantom of the Opera is there inside your mind


Those who have seen your face draw back in fear
I am the mask you wear it's me they hear
My spirit and my voice in one combined
The Phantom of the Opera is there inside my mind


Beware the Phantom of the Opera
Is that the Phantom of the Opera?


Sing, my angel
Sing for me
Sing, my angel
Sing for me






Christine begins to sing with lyrics and that read "The Phantom of the Opera is inside my mind" forte, as if she just realized the reality of the Phantom  in her mind. The main tune plays again with the sight of a horse  provided for Christine to ride to the lower levels of the Paris Opera House. The Phantom continues with singing the second verse... He sings toward her as he chauffeurs Christine down the cellar. Again, at the sight of the lake, with a tiny boat, the recognizable tune plays again- as a sign for danger. Once in the boat, the Phantom sings, "beware the Phantom of the Opera." Christine repeats with, "is that the Phantom of the Opera?" the Phantom continues with chants "sing for me, sing, my angel." Christine sings tunes at the top of her lungs as she is mesmerized with the sights of the lake, boat, skills, gates, and raising chandeliers through the depths of the water. She also sings with her eyes closed at the top of her lungs as if the Phantom has hypnotized her. The music ends with the arrival of the boat to the Phantoms "dungeon".  

No comments:

Post a Comment